Chicken Pox Immunisation
Chicken Pox can be a very uncomfortable and potentially hazardous infection both in childhood and in adulthood if you haven't been exposed to it as a youngster.
We can protect you and the family with Chicken Pox immunisation safely in our modern pharmacy. Get in touch with us to book an appointment - we can book ahead to fit your diary or help with a same day appointment if that is more convenient.
- Course: The course consists of two doses, the second dose being given usually between 4-8 weeks after the first.
- Boosters: Further boosters are not advised once you have had the full course of immunisation.
- How it is given: The vaccine is usually given in the upper arm.
- Side effects: A range of mild side effects are possible, such as fever, a sense of lethargy and sometimes a digestive upset. In some cases it may cause a mild chickenpox-like rash.
- Age restrictions: The chickenpox vaccine is suitable for patients from age one up to the age of 65. It is only recommended if you have not had chickenpox.
- Please note: This vaccine is not suitable for pregnant women or women who are trying for a baby. The chickenpox vaccination should be administered on the same day as the MMR jab, or allow at least a 4 week gap in-between these vaccinations.
Please note that two separate immunisations are required for this vaccination programme. The price quoted is for one immunisation only.