Book now for a Shingles immunisation to protect you from the nasty effects of an attack of Shingles. Shingles can be a very painful and unsightly illness of the skin and can leave a very painful long term problem if not treated early.
- When to get vaccinated: The shingles vaccine is suitable for patients over the age of 49.
- How it is given: The immunisation is administed via injection in the upper arm.
- Course: The shingles vaccine requires only one dose
- Boosters: Boosters are not currently advised for the shingles vaccination..
- Side effects: Side effects are uncommon and usually mild, but may include tiredness, fever, digestion problems and a mild headache. As with all immunisations there is a chance of some discomfort or pain at the injection site, and occasionally redness and swelling.
Protect yourself from Shingles with a safe and effective immunisation at the pharmacy. Book for a face to face chat or an immunisation by email, phone or just pop in and see us for a chat.